Gentle, chewy, Butter Pecan Cookies made with calmly toasted pecans and (non-obligatory) crunchy toffee bits. These are buttery and scrumptious and there’s no mixer and no chilling required!
Hello everybody! Sam right here from Sugar Spun Run with one other mushy & chewy cookie recipe! Final time I shared my recipe for Cream Cheese Snickerdoodles and immediately I’ve these Butter Pecan Cookies!
I’ve been baking quite a bit with pecans not too long ago, making the whole lot from Pecan Pie to Candied Pecans, and immediately I made a decision so as to add them to a buttery batch of cookies!
Many butter pecan cookie recipes are typically crisp and a bit too dry for my liking. For immediately’s recipe I knew I needed a mushy, thick, chewy cookie, and this recipe delivers!
These butter pecan cookies are fairly easy and easy to make, however I did need to embrace a couple of ideas for you!
Ideas for Making Butter Pecan Cookies
- Toasting your pecans is non-obligatory, however I actually suggest it for this butter pecan cookie recipe. It takes lower than 5 minutes and enhances the flavour and crispness of the pecans!
- Toast your pecan halves earlier than chopping them. This can guarantee even toasting (no burnt or under-done items this manner!) Simply ensure you allow them to cool earlier than chopping them!
- Let your butter cool for at least 10 minutes earlier than including the sugar. In case your butter is simply too scorching, it’ll find yourself melting your sugar and also you’ll have a runny cookie dough that may unfold throughout your cookie sheet whenever you go to bake it.
- The toffee bits add a pleasant additional dimension of taste and texture to those cookies, I can’t get pleasure from butter pecan cookies with out them anymore!
- Any leftover butter pecan cookies (haha, not in my home!) could be saved in an hermetic container at room temperature for 3-5 days.
Get pleasure from! For those who check out these butter pecan cookies for your self I’d like to know what you assume!
Butter Pecan Cookies
Creator: Sam || Sugar Spun Run
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled no less than 10 minutes (226g)
- 1¼ cup darkish brown sugar, tightly packed
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 giant egg + 1 egg yolk room temperature most well-liked*
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Three cups all goal flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1½ heaping cups pecan halves
- ½ cup Heath Toffee bits (non-obligatory, however beneficial!)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Unfold pecan halves evenly over cookie sheet and bake on 350F for 3-5 minutes.
- Take away from oven and coarsely chop (don’t flip off your oven). Put aside.
- In a big bowl, mix melted, cooled butter and sugars. Stir effectively.
- Add eggs, egg yolk, and vanilla extract and stir till well-combined.
- In a separate, medium-sized bowl, whisk collectively flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Steadily add flour combination to moist elements till utterly mixed.
- Add chopped pecans and toffee bits (if utilizing) and stir effectively.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and drop cookie dough by heaping 1½ Tablespoon onto ready cookie sheet, spacing no less than 2″ aside.
- Switch to 350F oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. Permit to chill utterly on baking sheet earlier than having fun with!
- Retailer any leftover, cooled cookies in an hermetic container at room temperature for 3-5 days.
Sam is the baker behind the web site Sugar Spun Run, the place she shares candy, easy, and from-scratch dessert recipes (normally of the chocolate selection!). She lives in Pennsylvania together with her husband and their two canines, Penny and Leia.