These Cream Cheese Snickerdoodles are terribly smooth and completely soften in your mouth! The cream cheese provides a delicate further tang to a traditional Snickerdoodle cookie. You’re going to need to do this one out on your vacation cookie tray (or, actually, for anytime!).
Hey everybody! Sam right here from Sugar Spun Run with one other candy deal with to share!
Cookies are type of my factor. I dwell for the vacation season after I get to share all of my household favorites, from traditional No Bake Cookies to Snickerdoodles and every thing in-between! However I additionally love a very good spin on an previous traditional, and that’s precisely what these Cream Cheese Snickerdoodles that I’m sharing in the present day are!
Buttery smooth, the signature tang of a traditional Snickerdoodle is enhanced and remodeled with the addition of half a brick of cream cheese into the batter. These cookies have the finest taste of any Snickerdoodle I’ve ever tasted. They’re additionally so smooth that they positively soften in your mouth with every chunk.
Cream Cheese Snickerdoodles are comparatively easy cookies to make. The dough can simply be made with an electrical mixer (I don’t advocate mixing by hand as a result of it’s necessary that you just cream the butter, cream cheese, and sugars collectively) and requires only some minutes of chilling. Nevertheless, I do have a couple of key ideas I needed to share with you earlier than you start.
TIPS FOR MAKING CREAM CHEESE SNICKERDOODLES
- Don’t omit the cream of tartar! That is what offers Snickerdoodles their signature tangy taste and it’s a should for ANY Snickerdoodle recipe!
- This cookie dough wants to sit back for not less than 30 minutes. You don’t need the dough to be so sticky that it sticks to your fingers greater than it sticks to itself, so in the event you discover that the dough continues to be too sticky after 30 minutes, return it to the fridge for an additional 15 minutes or so.
- To maintain these cookies smooth, ensure you don’t over-bake them. Once you take away them from the oven the sides ought to be set and even frivolously golden brown, however the facilities could appear barely under-done. Permit your cream cheese snickerdoodles to chill fully on the baking sheet, the place they’ll end baking during with out over-cooking. Over-baking cookies is the #1 reason behind dry, crumbly cookies. We wish these to be smooth and chewy and that is my favourite tip for ensuring they find yourself that approach!
- Don’t place cookie dough on a scorching cookie sheet, it’ll make your cookies unfold too skinny. No one desires a paper-thin cookie!
Now you’re able to bake your individual Cream Cheese Snickerdoodles.
Watch this video on the right way to make Cream Cheese Snickerdoodles:
Cream Cheese Snickerdoodles
Creator: Sam || Sugar Spun Run
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- four ozcream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1¾ cup sugar
- 2 massive eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon floor cinnamon
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon floor cinnamon
- Mix butter and cream cheese within the bowl of a stand mixer (or in a big bowl and use an electrical mixer) and beat till creamy.
- Add sugar and beat till mild and creamy and well-combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract. Stir nicely.
- In a separate bowl, stir collectively flour, cornstarch, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Regularly add flour combination to butter combination till fully mixed. Cowl bowl with plastic wrap and switch to fridge to sit back for at laest 30 minutes.
- As soon as dough has practically completed chilling, preheat your oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Put together your topping by stirring collectively sugar and cinnamon till well-mixed.
- Take away chilled dough from fridge and scoop by 1 ½ Tablespoon-sized parts. Roll right into a clean ball between your palms and roll via cinnamon/sugar topping combination till fully coated.
- Place on ready cookie sheet not less than 2” aside and bake on 350F for 10-13 minutes.
- Cookies should still appear very smooth within the middle when completed baking, permit to chill fully on cookie sheet the place they are going to end baking with out changing into overdone and dry.
Sam is the baker behind the web site Sugar Spun Run, the place she shares candy, easy, and from-scratch dessert recipes (often of the chocolate selection!). She lives in Pennsylvania together with her husband and their two canine, Penny and Leia.