Crispy Garlic Avocado Fries are coated in a crunchy garlic panko crust and baked to crispy perfection!
I used to be at a convention with a good friend in Chicago and we noticed avocado fries on the menu. Avocado fries!? I really like the whole lot that has to do with avocado and couldn’t wait to attempt these out for myself. These had a crispy coating on the skin and the within was nonetheless wealthy and creamy. You then dip them in a scrumptious sauce. They make a fantastic appetizer or are the proper facet to your subsequent meal!
For sure, these needed to occur on the weblog!
Underripe avocados make the very best fries
It is a wonderful means to have the ability to dissipate underripe avocados. They aren’t too delicate for fry making and maintain up if you are dredging them within the flour, egg, and panko combination. Although these are just a little onerous and underripe, they’re able to soften within the oven whereas baking. They arrive out of the oven tender and creamy, and have such wonderful general taste!
How do you make avocado fries?
You begin by slicing your avocado into fries. Reduce them in half and half once more. Relying on the thickness that you really want your fries to be. You then will dredge the avocado fries in egg after which flour and the crispy panko combination.
Can avocados be baked?
Sure you possibly can. Preheat the oven to 400 levels. Bake them for about 12-14 minutes till the coating is frivolously brown and crispy. Baking the avocado carry out a extra buttery and muted taste.
The three Keys to Crispy Avocado Fries
- Create a sturdy base for the panko to stay on. Dredge the avocado fries within the flour, then the egg, and lastly the panko.
- Spray the panko with cooking spray after you coat the avocado. This can assist to present the avocado fries a crispy brown coating.
- Flip the fries midway via. This will get all sides to be brown and crisp.
What dipping sauces can I dip avocado fries in?
- Creamy Honey Chipotle Dip
- Chipotle Ketchup
- Cilantro Lime Ranch
- Spicy Mayo
Extra Avocado recipes:
Taco Stuffed Avocado
California Avocado Skillet Rooster
Shrimp Avocado Taco Salad
Crispy Garlic Avocado Fries (Baked)
- four avocados, barely agency
- Three eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup panko
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Honey Chipotle Dip:
- ¾ cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 chipotle chili pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 levels. Calmly grease a baking sheet and put aside. Slice the avocados in half lengthwise after which lower into wedges. In a shallow dish add the eggs, in one other dish add the flour, and the final dish provides the panko, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt.
- Dip the avocado into the flour, then egg, and lastly within the panko. Lay onto your greased baking sheet.
- Spray the avocado with cooking spray and bake for 12-14 minutes till crispy. Serve with honey chipotle dip if desired.
I’m Alyssa and the blogger behind The Recipe Critic. I began my weblog in June of 2012 as a spot to share my ardour for cooking. I really like making an attempt new issues and testing them out with my household.