With the brand new yr upon us, we right here at Child Chick thought it will be enjoyable so as to add just a little function referred to as DIY Of The Month! Each month we are going to share with you a brand new, simple undertaking to your dwelling, for you, or to your kiddos you can put collectively once you really feel the necessity to get your craft on. We hope you get pleasure from our new sequence!
For this primary month, I might love to indicate you a fast post-holiday welcome wreath to your entrance door. If you happen to’re something like me, after Christmas is over I typically really feel just a little confused about the way to change up my decor. It’s nonetheless winter, nevertheless it’s not acceptable to sport all of the merry and brilliant vacation decor. An excellent resolution I’ve discovered is to make use of plenty of pure winter parts with out all of the “Christmas-y” touches. For me, that appears like pure wooden, gentle and brilliant tones, and easy magnificence. I’ve created a fairly little welcome wreath that I feel incorporates all of these issues fairly nicely. This is able to be the right wreath to hold in your door at the beginning of this new yr!
This undertaking is very easy to create; it actually took me 20 minutes tops! It’s the good undertaking if you happen to’re feeling artful and you’ve got a number of spare minutes throughout nap time. Right here’s how I did it:
Collect Your Provides:
- flat circle wreath type
- 2 luggage of various sized wooden slices
- welcome minimize out (or your alternative of phrase, like “Good day”)
- large ribbon (I used a white burlap model ribbon)
- sizzling glue gun and glue sticks
1. First, set the biggest of the wooden slices on the wreath type and be sure to like the position.
2. Begin gluing the slices to the shape.
3. Repeat with a second layer of smaller wooden slices.
4. Take a look at out the position of your phrase cut-out. Whenever you discover a great spot, glue it down the place you may.
5. Lower an extended size of ribbon and wrap it across the high of the wreath.
5. Create a bow utilizing a shorter size of ribbon. Lower the size and fold it collectively in thirds. Pinch it collectively within the center and put a dot of glue in between the fold to carry it collectively.Then wrap a brief size of ribbon across the pinched center of the bow. Glue the ends to the again of the center of the bow.
6. Place your bow on the ribbon wrapped on the high of the wreath and glue it down.
7. At this level you may tie the highest of your ribbon collectively for simpler hanging or your can do like I do and use flat thumbtacks to connect the ribbon to the very high of the door the place you’ll grasp the wreath. You’re executed!
I really like the simplicity of the wooden and white ribbon. It’s a pleasant change from all of the glitz and glamour of all of the Christmas decor. It makes me consider a contemporary begin, sort of how I consider every New Yr!
I hope you loved our first DIY Of The Month! We’d love to listen to from you about any tasks or concepts you’d prefer to see in future months. Completely happy crafting!