Not solely is that this Baked Fontina one of many best vacation appetizers to make, it’s so scrumptious you’ll really feel such as you’re consuming fancy cheese fondue!
Hey everybody, that is Lauren visiting once more from Tastes Higher from Scratch! When you’re something like me, the entire prep work for Christmas– internet hosting folks and cooking– might be exhausting. That’s why we all the time hold our New 12 months’s Eve get together meals unfold fairly easy by serving tons of straightforward vacation appetizers and finger meals.
When you’ve by no means heard of Baked Fontina, it’s mainly only a fancy title for a extremely scrumptious Italian cheese dip appetizer. It cooks below the broiler in your oven for just some minutes till scorching and bubbly, after which you possibly can serve it with crusty bread slices or recent chopped greens.
What’s Fontina cheese?
Fontina is an Italian cheese constructed from cows milk that has a comfortable, gentle taste. It melts rather well so it’s good for cheese fondue or baked cheese dips like this one. It is best to be capable of discover it at your native grocery retailer.
The right way to make Baked Fontina:
Minimize the fontina cheese into one inch cubes and place them within the backside of your skillet. Drizzle olive oil over the cheese and sprinkle recent herbs excessive. Garnish with slightly salt and pepper.
Place the skillet below the broiler for 5-7 minutes or till the cheese is bubbly. Take pleasure in instantly by dipping slices of bread proper into the pan, family-style.
It solely takes a couple of minutes to make however it all the time impresses friends and is normally devoured inside minutes!
Different enjoyable get together appetizers from Tastes Higher from Scratch:
Sluggish Cooker Cranberry BBQ Meatballs
Greatest 5-minute Salsa
- 1½ kilos fontina cheese , rind eliminated and 1-inch diced
- Three Tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic , thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon recent chopped thyme
- 2 teaspoons recent chopped rosemary
- salt and recent cracked black pepper, to style
- 1 French Baguette , sliced
- Flip the oven broiler on excessive and alter oven rack to the highest place, about 5 inches from the warmth.
- Place the Fontina cheese cubes within the backside of a 12 inch cast-iron pan (or comparable measurement). Drizzle olive oil on prime of the cheese.
- In a small bowl mix sliced garlic, recent thyme, and recent rosemary. Sprinkle the combination over the cheese and olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Broil for 5-7 minutes or till the cheese is bubbly.
- Serve instantly with the slices of French baguette.