Mushy and chewy Gingerbread Cookies are my favourite Christmas deal with to brighten with my youngsters. They’re simply as scrumptious to eat as they’re cute to take a look at!
For extra scrumptious gingerbread recipes you should definitely attempt Gingerbread Sugar Cookie Bars, Heat Gingerbread Cake with Caramel Sauce, or these Gingerbread Brownies!
Hey everybody, that is Lauren visiting from Tastes Higher from Scratch, and I hope you’re as excited to kick the vacation season into full gear, as I’m! I couldn’t consider a greater recipe to share with you to begin the Christmas season than with these enjoyable and engaging gingerbread males cookies!
I really like this recipe as a result of the cookies are mushy and chewy, as a substitute of crispy, which I’m not a giant fan of. Final yr we loved them for a deal with, after which we let the leftover cookies dry out and we hung them on our Christmas tree. My youngsters beloved it!
Your youngsters will love to brighten them with you. We used common buttercream frosting and added spice drops and m&m’s for the buttons. You might additionally use chocolate chips, pink hots, raisins, or no matter you want.
Learn how to make Gingerbread cookies:
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt in a big mixing bowl.
- Add the items of butter and incorporate them with a pastry blender till the combination resembles tremendous crumbs. Combine within the molasses and milk and refrigerate or freeze your dough.
- When able to bake, roll out the dough to half inch thickness, use cookie cutters to chop gingerbread males or different shapes, and place them in your cookie sheet.
- Bake them for about 10 minutes at 350 levels. Baking time for gingerbread cookies can differ relying on how large of a cookie cutter you utilize. You need the facilities of the cookie to set, however understand that they are going to proceed to harden as they cool.
Extra enjoyable Christmas Treats from Tastes Higher from Scratch:
Caramel and Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Rods
Christmas Cornflake Wreaths
- Three cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup darkish brown sugar , packed
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon floor cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon floor ginger
- ½ teaspoon floor cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 12 Tablespoons butter , room temperature, minimize into 12 items
- ¾ cup molasses (darkish molasses)
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- Frosting and sweet for adorning, if desired.
- Add flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt to a mixing bowl and blend.
- Add the butter items and use a pastry blender to chop the butter in till the combination resembles tremendous meal.
- With a mixer working on low pace regularly add the molasses and milk and blend till mixed, about 30 seconds.
- Divide the dough in half, forming every right into a ball. Wrap every in plastic wrap and refrigerate for two hours or in a single day, or place within the freezer for about 20 minutes, till agency, should you’re in a rush.
- Preheat the oven to 350 levels and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Take away one dough sheet from the fridge/freezer and place on the counter. Roll out the dough (use slightly flour in your rolling pin if wanted), till it’s about ½ inch thick. Minimize gingerbread males and place them on ready baking sheets.
- Refrigerate the gingerbread males for five minutes (in the meantime you’ll be able to roll out the opposite dough ball).
- Bake the cookies till set within the facilities and the dough barely retains and imprint when touched very gently with fingertip, eight to 11 minutes (relying on the scale of your cookie cutter). Don’t overbake!
- Switch the cookies to a wire rack and permit to chill to room temperature earlier than frosting.
- Retailer gingerbread cookies in an hermetic container with parchment paper between the layers. Freeze for as much as Three months.
Recipe tailored from The New Finest Recipe Cookbook by AT