The entire goodness of pumpkin and pecan pie mix in these scrumptious dessert bars. They’re baked on prime of a buttery shortbread crust and make one implausible dessert!
Fall is my favourite time of the yr. We’ve been having attractive climate right here in Utah and we’ve got been loving each minute. We spend a lot time at our neighborhood park. My little woman (she’s not a child anymore ? ) likes to spend all of her time there happening the “wee wee”. She is such a blast on the park and will keep there for hours. I really like the crisp fall air and the attractive massive bushes in our park which have vibrant fall leaves. It makes me unhappy that it’s going to quickly be chilly and snowy and we are going to miss our days on the park.
I am absorbing all of my favourite issues about fall whereas I can. And as Thanksgiving is getting nearer I’m considering of some scrumptious desserts that I can take. Pumpkin pie is a should. Pecan Pie is a should. So it got here to me… I want to mix each!
The entire goodness of Pumpkin and Pecan Pie get fused collectively on this scrumptious dessert. It begins with a buttery shortbread crust. Then it’s adopted by a pumpkin pie layer and topped with a brown sugar pecan topping. The brown sugar provides a caramel taste because the bars cook dinner. And the result’s pure fall perfection.
I particularly love bars as a result of they’re good for reducing up and feeding to a crowd. You will love every little thing about these scrumptious bars. In case you love pumpkin pie and pecan pie then you’re going to go loopy for these!!
Watch a video on how Pumpkin Pecan Pie Bars are made right here:
Pumpkin Pecan Pie Bars
- Shortbread layer:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup old school or on the spot oats
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- Pumpkin Layer:
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 can (15 oz.) canned pumpkin
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) Evaporated Milk
- 2 giant eggs
- 2¼ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Pecan Layer:
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- Whipped cream
- To make the crust: Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a 9×13 inch pan with foil and frivolously spray with cooking spray. Mix flour, oats, brown sugar and butter in small mixer bowl. Beat at low velocity till combination is mixed and crumbly. Press into the underside of your 9×13 inch pan and bake for 15 minutes. Take away from the oven.
- To make the pumpkin layer: In a medium sized bowl mix sugar, pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, and pumpkin pie spice. Beat for about 1-2 minutes. Pour over crust. Bake for 20 minutes. Take away from oven.
- To make the pecan layer: Mix brown sugar and pecans. Sprinkle over the filling. Proceed to bake for 15 -20 minutes or till knife inserted in middle comes out clear. Cool fully and prime with whipped cream.
I’m Alyssa and the blogger behind The Recipe Critic. I began my weblog in June of 2012 as a spot to share my ardour for cooking. I really like making an attempt new issues and testing them out with my household.