Snow Kiss Cookies are buttery cookies with walnuts that simply soften in your mouth. They get dusted in powdered sugar and are are such a tremendous traditional cookie!
Snow Kiss Cookies
After I was rising up, I keep in mind we had a neighbor that might deliver us these cookies each single 12 months. They had been at all times my favourite cookies on the cookie plate. They simply remind me of Christmas and snow and this nutty soften in your mouth cookie is irresistible! That is one traditional cookie that remind me of my childhood that I like to make each single 12 months!
How do you make snowball cookies?
- Cream the butter, sugar, vanilla, and salt collectively in a bowl. Toast the walnuts till they’re golden brown and permit them to chill. (non-obligatory)
- Place the walnuts in a meals processor or blender and crush till tremendous. Add this combination to the butter, sugar, and salt. Add the flour slowly till mixed.
- Wrap the dough in sera wrap and put it within the fridge for 1-2 hours to sit back.
- After they’re chilled preheat the oven to 325. Roll the dough into one inch balls and place them on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes and allow them to cool on a rack. As soon as they’ve cooled, toll them in powdered sugar.
Do you need to toast the walnuts?
No. However toasting the walnuts will deliver our extra taste.
How do you toast walnuts?
- Place the walnuts in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Toast the walnuts for about 7-10 minutes in a preheated 350 diploma oven till they get about one shade darker.
Are you able to freeze snowball cookies?
Sure you possibly can. As soon as you’re taking them out of the freezer and allow them to thaw, roll them in powdered sugar once more to revive their look.
Searching for much more traditional cookie recipes? Right here ya go!
Watch a video on how you can make Snow Kiss Cookies Right here:
Snow Kiss Cookies (Snowball Cookies)
- ¼ cup Walnuts
- 2 Sticks Unsalted Butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1¾ cup Flour
- Powdered Sugar for coating your cookies
- Cream butter, sugar, vanilla and salt collectively in bowl. You could have the choice of toasting your walnuts till golden brown, however allow them to cool.
- Place the walnuts in a meals processor or blender and crush till tremendous. Add this combination to the butter, sugar, and salt.
- Add the flour slowly to the combination and blend till mixed.
- Wrap the dough in seran wrap and put it within the fridge for 1-2 hours to sit back.
- After chilled, preheat oven to 325 levels. Drop the dough by small scoops onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Take them out and allow them to cool on a cooling rack. As soon as cooled, roll them within the powdered sugar. Take pleasure in!
Recipe replace 12/10/18
I’m Alyssa and the blogger behind The Recipe Critic. I began my weblog in June of 2012 as a spot to share my ardour for cooking. I really like making an attempt new issues and testing them out with my household.